- "But the New Republic can't afford to lose any ships at the moment. However, you might try over at the Amorris system. Last I heard, the Cavrilhu pirate gang was using that as a base, and they're always in need of expert maintenance people."
- ―Lando Calrissian to Niles Ferrier upon catching him stealing a New Republic ship
The Amorris system was located within the Quelii sector, in the New Territories portion of the Outer Rim Territories. It contained the planet Amorris and a number of bases held by the Cavrilhu Pirates. In 9 ABY, the system was situated within the core territory held by the confederation of Imperial forces under Grand Admiral Thrawn's command.
That year, the smuggler Lando Calrissian and the Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker caught the starship thief Niles Ferrier attempting to steal a New Republic vessel from the shipyards at the planet Sluis Van. In the ensuing confrontation, Calrissian suggested that instead of stealing from the New Republic Defense Fleet, Ferrier could try targeting the pirates in the Amorris system. Ferrier eventually did follow the suggestion and stole three IPV-1 System Patrol Craft from the pirates.
Behind the scenes
The Amorris system was first mentioned in the 1992 novel Dark Force Rising, written by Timothy Zahn as the second installment in Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy. The system first appeared in the 1998 video game Star Wars: Rebellion, developed by Coolhand Interactive. The 2009 book The Essential Atlas placed the Amorris system in grid square O-6.
- Star Wars: Rebellion (First appearance)
- Dark Force Rising (First mentioned)
- Dark Force Rising abridged audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Dark Force Rising unabridged audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Dark Force Rising 1 (Mentioned only)
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas