Anakin Solo's lightsaber was a violet-bladed lightsaber used by the Jedi Knight Anakin Solo during the Yuuzhan Vong War. It played an important role in the outcome of the war while in the hands of Anakin and many others after his death.
History of Anakin's lightsabersEdit
During his early Jedi training, Anakin was part of a group of Jedi that retrieved Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber from Orloc. Anakin used Obi-Wan's lightsaber for some time.[source?] While the Yuuzhan Vong occupied Yavin 4, Anakin added a Lambent crystal that he harvested into his lightsaber. This allowed Anakin to use "Vongsense," which allowed him to perceive the Vong and their creations. Anakin Solo's lightsaber had a special affinity to the light side of the Force.
Anakin Solo's deathEdit
In 27 ABY Anakin lead a team of Jedi on a mission to destroy the Voxyn cloning facility on the Koros-Strohna Baanu Rass. Though he fought valiantly, he died in combat with Yuuzhan Vong to protect his siblings and fellow Jedi. His lightsaber was soon after taken by Nom Anor.
During the Mission to Myrkr Jacen Solo was also captured and taken to the Yuuzhan Vong occupied Coruscant. While in Vong captivity, Jacen was offered Anakin's lightsaber in an attempt to turn him to the True Way. Jacen accepted, but deceived them when he lied of his conversion.
Ganner Rhysode came to rescue Jacen and used Anakin's lightsaber to kill countless Yuuzhan Vong warriors, while Jacen sabotaged the World Brain. Ganner was killed in combat and the lightsaber was taken yet again by Nom Anor. Later was used by Master Shaper Qelah Kwaad to demonstrate Supreme Overlord Shimrra improvements of vonduun armor on her newly shaped Yuuzhan Vong elite soldiers then again taken by Nom Anor, who presented it to Shimrra.
Second Battle of CoruscantEdit
During the Second Battle of Coruscant, Luke Skywalker confronted Shimrra. As they fought, Shimrra mocked Luke with his nephew's lightsaber. To the astonishment and dismay of Shimrra, Luke used the Force to pull the lightsaber to him, and then used it to decapitate the Dread Lord.
End of the warEdit
With Shimrra dead, the Yuuzhan Vong surrendered and left for the Unknown Regions with Zonama Sekot. As the newly liberated galaxy celebrated peace, Han Solo drove Anakin's lightsaber into Chewbacca's memorial tree on Kashyyyk, saying farewell to both of them.
- The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The Apprentice"—Star Wars Gamer 8 (Mentioned only) "
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Traitor
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 114 (SOL33-36, Anakin Solo)
- "Who's Who in the New Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 57
- The New Essential Chronology (Picture only)
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (Picture only)
- The Essential Reader's Companion (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime
- ↑ The earliest chronological appearance of Anakin Solo's lightsaber is The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime, which is set in 24 ABY according to The Essential Reader's Companion, so it must have been created by that year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught
- ↑ Junior Jedi Knights: Kenobi's Blade
- ↑ Legacy Era Campaign Guide