Anaxes was a rocky planet located in the Azure sector of the galaxy's Core Worlds region. A majority of its surface was covered with tall, red plant-like life. In the early years of the Imperial Era, the planet was destroyed in a cataclysm, with the remains becoming the Anaxes asteroid belt.
Anaxes, situated along the Perlemian Trade Route, was an ancient member of the Galactic Republic, hosting a Republic naval base protecting the Core Worlds from attacks along the Perlemian, as well as prominent shipyards. For centuries, it primarily worked with local defense forces.
Anaxes returned to galactic prominence during the Clone Wars. Remaining loyal to the Republic, in the last year of the war the planet was attacked by a Confederate fleet under the command of Admiral Trench, as part of the Outer Rim Sieges. The Separatists were initially winning the battle, due to Trench's exploitation of a Grand Army of the Republic strategic algorithm captured with the ARC trooper Echo—who was believed to have died earlier in the war. After Echo was rescued from the Techno Union on Skako Minor, Republic forces hacked into the transmissions of Trench's flagship, ordering him to commit his forces to the assembly complex—where they would encounter Jedi Generals Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and the 212th Attack Battalion. After the droid forces were neutralized, Trench was killed by Anakin Skywalker and his flagship destroyed, and the Republic was able to claim victory.
After the Clone Wars, Anaxes was destroyed by a cataclysmic event, believed to be the result of a catastrophic main reactor failure detonating a massive stockpile of hypermatter in the shipyards.All that remained of the planet was an asteroid belt. Fort Anaxes, a Republic Military base constructed on Anaxes during the Clone Wars, survived the planet's destruction and remained on the planetoid PM-1203.
Behind the scenesEdit
Anaxes originated in the Star Wars Legends continuity, first being mentioned in the sourcebook Coruscant and the Core Worlds, where it had a long history as one of the Galactic Republic's primary military strongholds. It made its first Legends appearance in the video game Star Wars: Empire at War.
Before the initial cancellation of Star Wars: The Clone Wars in 2013, a four-part arc featuring Anaxes had been under production. After the series' cancellation, the episodes of the "Bad Batch" arc were shown in story reel form at Celebration Anaheim in 2015. Around the same time, the first season of the follow-up series Star Wars Rebels had the Spectres visit Fort Anaxes, now located in an asteroid field, in the episodes "Out of Darkness" and "Gathering Forces". The official Databank confirmed that the abandoned military base was the same one featured in the Bad Batch arc, and thus that Anaxes had been destroyed in the intervening time.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Distant Echo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business"
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 2 (Databank A-Z: Alzoc III–Antilles)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 16 (Databank A-Z: E-11 Blaster–Cornelius Evazan)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 18 (Databank A-Z: First Order–Fyrnocks)
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Dawn of Rebellion
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4
- ↑ (Slide 7)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business"
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Out of Darkness"
- ↑ Ezra's Duel with Danger
- ↑ Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- ↑ Star Wars: Empire at War
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Gathering Forces"