- "My children and I can manipulate the Force like no other. Therefore, it was necessary to withdraw from the temporal world and live here as anchorites."
- ―Father to Anakin Skywalker
An anchorite was a type of hermit who retired from society for somewhat religious reasons. The powerful Force wielder known as the Father described himself and his two children as such. The anchorites that lived on the planet Jakku were known to wear dark fancy clothing to control their body. They were also known to take in children as orphans. The faith of the anchorites had ties to the light side of the Force and a thousand years before the Battle of Jakku, the anchorites bound themselves to the Jedi. The Caretakers of Ahch-To's temple island reminded the scavenger Rey of the anchorites on Jakku.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Overlords" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Altar of Mortis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ghosts of Mortis"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Wolves and a Door" (Voice and picture only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "A World Between Worlds" (Voice and picture only)
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Mentioned only)