- "Do you think you can hide? By Andeddu's flames, I'll hunt you down."
- ―Vaneé, to Thom Hudd
Andeddu was an ancient Sith Lord who was the subject of the phrase "Andeddu's flames." During the reign of the Galactic Empire, the Sith Lord Darth Vader's servant, Vaneé, used the expression when he swore to capture the Rebel Alliance Lieutenant Thom Hudd after the latter escaped captivity in Vader's castle on the planet Mustafar.
Years later, the Sith Eternal, a cult of Sith loyalists that was active in 35 ABY, drew their Sith trooper unit names after ancient Sith Lords. The 5th Legion was consequently named after Andeddu, whose name and history were hidden from the rest of the galaxy.
Behind the scenesEdit
Andeddu was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in the comic book Star Wars Adventures: Return to Vader's Castle 2, which was written by Cavan Scott and released by IDW Publishing on October 9, 2019. The character of Darth Andeddu was originally introduced in the Star Wars Legends continuity via the 2004 comic book Republic 63: Striking from the Shadows, written by John Ostrander and pencilled by Jan Duursema.
- Star Wars Adventures: Return to Vader's Castle 2 (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars Adventures: Return to Vader's Castle 2
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker, including the appearance of the Sith Eternal, to one year after the Hosnian Cataclysm, which occurred in 34 ABY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Therefore, the appearance of the Sith Eternal can be dated to 35 ABY.
- ↑ Republic 63: Striking from the Shadows