- "Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me. I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply."
- ―Diego Luna, on reprising his role
Andor is an upcoming television series currently being developed by Lucasfilm. It is set to air on Disney's online streaming service, Disney+. The series is a spy thriller starring Diego Luna, reprising his role as Cassian Andor from the film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
Development[edit | edit source]
Talks for a television series focused on Cassian Jeron Andor, Diego Luna's character from the 2016 Star Wars Anthology film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, began before the Anthology film was released, though Luna had doubts that it would happen. In February 2018, Disney CEO Bob Iger revealed that "a few" Star Wars live-action series were in development for Disney's streaming service. The series was officially announced by Iger during a Disney quarterly earnings call on November 8, 2018.
On November 30, it was reported that The Americans executive producer Stephen Schiff was tapped to serve as showrunner while Moana writer Jared Bush was revealed to have originated the project by writing a pilot script and a series bible. According to Production Weekly, the series was scheduled to begin production in October 2019. On July 11, 2019, Rick Famuyiwa was reported to be in talks to direct an undisclosed amount of episodes for the series, with filming scheduled to begin on October 7. On October 15, 2019, Variety reported that Rogue One co-writer Tony Gilroy would be writing the pilot for the series in addition to directing multiple episodes.
On December 3, 2020, Diego Luna confirmed that the series had started filming in London. The title of Andor, as well as behind the scenes footage of the filming of the series, were unveiled on December 10, 2020 at a Disney investors meeting. Filming began in late November of 2020. Although Alan Tudyk was initially announced to play K-2SO in the series, he later clarified in January of 2021 that while production was underway, he was not going to appear in the first season. He did, however, expect to be brought into the fold in later seasons.
Credits[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Weapons and technology
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- years before the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which is dated to 0 BBY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Therefore Andor will take place in 5 BBY. states that Andor takes place five
- Diego Luna Knows How to Play an Authentic Villain and Raise a Future Jedi. Internet Movie Database (February 20, 2020). Archived from the original on April 24, 2020.
- 'Star Wars' TV Series: Disney Developing "a Few" for Its Streaming Service (February 06, 2018). Archived from the original on March 7, 2020.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2018-11-30). Disney+ ‘Star Wars’ Series Starring Diego Luna Taps Stephen Schiff As Showrunner. Deadline. Archived from the original on April 3, 2020. Retrieved on December 1, 2018.
- Dunk, Steve (December 31, 2018). Rogue One Series Has A Filming Date. TheForce.net. Archived from the original on July 29, 2019.
- Fisher, Jacob (July 11, 2019). Rick Famuyiwa In Talks To Direct Episodes Of Cassian Andor Series (EXCLUSIVE). DiscussingFilm. Archived from the original on April 7, 2020.
- Otterson, Joe (October 15, 2019). ‘Rogue One’ Writer Tony Gilroy Joins Cassian Andor ‘Star Wars’ Series at Disney Plus (EXCLUSIVE). starwarsnewsnet.com. Archived from the original on April 3, 2020.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live Schedule for the Week of 11/30/2020. ABC.com. Archived from the original on December 4, 2020. Retrieved on December 4, 2020.
- Taylor, Drew (2021-1-20). 'Rogue One' Disney+ Series Won't Include K-2SO, Alan Tudyk Confirms — At Least At First. Collider. Archived from the original on January 20, 2021. Retrieved on January 20, 2021.
- Hoey, John (June 12, 2019). 'Game of Thrones' Concept Artist Kieran Belshaw Reveals He Is Working on the Disney+ Cassian Andor Series. starwarsnewsnet.com. Archived from the original on December 29, 2019.