- "'Some of us still have a sense of loyalty to the Republic, and do not want to be branded as traitors,' said Aqualish Senator Gorothin Vagger (Andosha II) at a loyalty summit on the Andosha II colony world."
- ―HoloNet News report
Andosha II was an Aqualish colony world located in the Mid Rim's Lambda sector, on the Corellian Run hyperlane. It was a part of the Andoan Free Colonies, which during the last century of the Galactic Republic struggled against the Aqualish of the planet Ando and the worlds it held influence over. As part of that struggle, the Andoan-affiliated Harch Trench led raids against Andosha II.
In 22 BBY, after Ando had seceded from the Republic, the Andoan Free Colonies held a loyalty summit on Andosha II. During that event, the planet's Senator Gorothin Vagger reaffirmed the dedication of the Colonies to remain members of the Republic.
Andosha II, also known simply as Andosha, was a terrestrial world located in the Andosha system, a part of the Mid Rim's Lambda sector. Occupying the second orbital position in its star system, Andosha II was situated on the hyperlane known as the Horos Spine. It also lay on the Corellian Run super-hyperroute, which connected it to the Algaran and Mon Gazza systems and served as a dividing line between the Slice and Trailing Sectors portions of the Mid Rim.
- "The Andoan Free Colonies asserted their loyalty to the Republic, despite the formal secession of their parent world. […] The Colonies, established over 80 standard years ago, encompass 15 planets in the Mid Rim."
- ―HoloNet News report
Colonized by Aqualish settlers from the planet Ando, Andosha II became a part of the Spiverelda, the group of Aqualish worlds that fell under Andoan influence. Eventually, however, Andosha II came to be a member of the Andoan Free Colonies, a group of fifteen planets established at some point by 102 BBY. During the last century of the Galactic Republic's existence and before the outbreak of the Andoan Wars in 57 BBY, relations between Ando and the Andoan Free Colonies had soured to the point of continuous armed struggle in which the Harch military leader Trench led Andoan raiders against the Colonies, advancing along the Horos Spine to Andosha II.
In 39 BBY, the conflict ended on the eve of Andoan victory via Republic intervention that saw the separation of Ando and the Andoan Free Colonies. As a result, over the subsequent decade the leadership of Ando became radicalized, and in 23 BBY, Ando formally seceded from the Republic. In response, in the following month the Andoan Free Colonies held a loyalty summit on Andosha II.
During the event, the representatives of the Colonies expressed their commitment to remain members of the Republic, and Andosha II's Senator Gorothin Vagger condemned the secession of Ando, vocalizing both his faith in the Republic and its institutions and his determination to attend on the Core Worlds planet Coruscant the upcoming Galactic Senate vote on the proposed Military Creation Act. Both the loyalty summit and Vagger's remarks were later reported on from Andosha II's Andobi Exa in an issue of the CoCo District Edition of the HoloNet News.
Behind the scenes
Andosha II was first mentioned in HoloNet News Vol. 531 #49, an in-universe issue of the HoloNet News written by Pablo Hidalgo and Paul Ens and published on the HoloNet News website on March 28, 2002. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Andosha system, and therefore Andosha II, in grid square P-15, and the 2012 reference book The Essential Guide to Warfare, authored by Jason Fry and Paul R. Urquhart, ultimately confirmed "Andosha" as an alternate name for the world.
- (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (First identified as Andosha)
Notes and references
- Andosha system — Based on corresponding data for
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Andosha system
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Guide to Warfare establishes that Ando and the worlds colonized by that planet's Aqualish, which includes Andosha II per , were collectively known as the Spiverelda.
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 30 ("Andosha II")
- date "13:3:28," establishes that the Andoan Free Colonies were formed more than 80 standard years prior. Since 13:3:28 corresponds to 22 BBY per the reasoning here, the Free Colonies must have been established at some point by 102 BBY. , which is set on the
- day Ando seceded from the Galactic Republic, is dated to the date "13:2:28," which corresponds to 23 BBY per the reasoning here. In addition, the Andosha II loyalty summit was reported on in , which is set on the date "13:3:28." , which is set on the
- The Essential Atlas