Ankarres sapphires were a type of gemstone known for their blue hue. Around 231 BBY, while being shown around the grounds of the Valo Republic Fair by Coordinator Samera Ra-oon, Jedi Master Elzar Mann compared the shade of the sky of the planet Valo on a summer day to an Ankarres sapphire.
Behind the scenes
Ankarres sapphires were first canonically mentioned in the 2021 novel The High Republic: The Rising Storm, written by Cavan Scott for the Star Wars: The High Republic multimedia project. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the Ankarres Sapphire was an individual gemstone which first appeared in the short story "Of Possible Futures: The Tale of Zuckuss and 4-LOM" by M. Shayne Bell, published in the 1996 anthology Tales of the Bounty Hunters. The sapphire was first depicted in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies.
- The High Republic: The Rising Storm (First mentioned, simultaneous with The High Republic: The Rising Storm audiobook)
- The High Republic: The Rising Storm audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- The High Republic: The Rising Storm
- The High Republic: The Rising Storm features the Valo Republic Fair, Attack on Valo, and the Battle of Grizal, all of which take place in 231 BBY according to .
- "Of Possible Futures: The Tale of Zuckuss and 4-LOM"—Tales of the Bounty Hunters
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Item: "Rare Ankarres Sapphire"