- "The easiest way into the Moddell sector for our fleet is the Spar Trade Route, but that ends at Annaj where an Imperial picket will almost certainly be guarding the reversion point."
- ―Ractivelle, in a report
Annaj was an astronomical object in the Moddell sector of the Outer Rim Territories. Prior to the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, Annaj was mapped as part of a Rebel Alliance report on the navigation of the Moddell sector by Corporal Ractivelle of Stardust unit in preparation for the Rebel Alliance's attack on the second Death Star.
In the report, Ractivelle noted that the simplest way for the Alliance Fleet to enter the sector would be through the Spar Trade Route that ended at Annaj, where an Imperial group would likely be guarding the reversion point. In a document serving as a response to the navigational report, Major Capin Harinar wrote to General Crix Madine deducing that the Empire's usage of the Sanctuary Pipeline allowed a direct connection between Sullust and Endor, thereby enabling thousands of cargo starships to construct the site of the second Death Star without rebel agents on Annaj being alerted.
Before the Battle of Endor, the map of the Moddell sector and the accompanying reports would be archived in The Rebel Files, a central data depository containing secret rebel documents and information. In 34 ABY, The Rebel Files were rediscovered and ultimately wound up in possession of the Resistance. Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo wrote an annotation on the report.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Since The Rebel Files were buried on the same day as the Battle of Endor, which according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas takes place in 4 ABY, and because Star Wars: The Rebel Files establishes that The Rebel Files were rediscovered 30 years after the battle, it can be determined that The Rebel Files were uncovered in 34 ABY.