The annexation of the Qiilura system was an operation launched by the Confederacy of Independent Systems in 20 BBY to take over the Qiilura system during the Clone Wars. To try to block the annexation attempt, the Galactic Republic deployed an Acclamator-class transgalactic military assault ship, which carried forces from the 104th Battalion under the command of Clone Commander CC-3636 "Wolffe."
However, because a series of devastating groundquakes rocked the Mid Rim planet Aleen, the Acclamator, joined by a trio of Pelta-class frigates, and Wolffe's clone troopers—joined by protocol droid C-3PO and astromech droid R2-D2—were redirected to perform a desperately needed relief mission on Aleen. The battalion was under orders to unite with its Jedi General, Plo Koon, once the mission was complete and after rendezvousing with Jedi General Adi Gallia, who was also involved in the mercy mission, aboard her Venator-class Star Destroyer.
Behind the scenes
The annexation of the Qiilura system was mentioned within the opening newsreel of "Mercy Mission," the fifth episode of the fourth season of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series, which first aired on October 7, 2011.
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates "Prisoners" and "Crisis on Naboo" to 20 BBY. As "Mercy Mission" takes place between those two Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes according to , it must also be set in 20 BBY. As the annexation of the Qiilura system occurs during the events of "Mercy Mission," it must occur in 20 BBY. Furthermore, this dating places the annexation concurrent to several other Clone Wars–era events. Per the reasoning here, the Onderonian Civil War lasts from 22 BBY to 20 BBY, while Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 45 (Guide to the Galaxy: The Riches of Mygeeto) states that the Mygeeto Campaign began in 21 BBY and lasted for two years, which would place the end of that campaign in 19 BBY. Finally, as noted here, the second occupation of Geonosis lasts from 21 BBY to around 9 BBY. Given that the annexation of the Qiilura system occured in 20 BBY, it must be concurrent with these three events.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Character Encyclopedia - Join the Battle!
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- Star Wars: Build Your Own X-Wing 47 (Starfighter Aces: General Grievous – Cyborg Raider)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide