- "The Anoat system? There's not much there."
- ―Leia Organa
- "We've uncovered a Separatist plan of attack. We shall travel to the Anoat system here, then move across to Saleucami."
"So far out of our way?"
"Unfortunately, we must avoid these neutral systems."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Mace Windu
Toward the end of the Clone Wars, the Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi proposed sending a Republic fleet through the Anoat system and then to Saleucami to counter a planned attack by the Confederacy of Independent Systems.
Years later, while running from the Galactic Empire's fleet following the Battle of Hoth, the Rebel Alliance heroes Han Solo, Leia Organa and Chewbacca considered hiding in the Anoat system. However, Organa pointed out how empty the system was, and Solo took their ship, the Millennium Falcon, to Bespin instead.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" (Appears in hologram)
- Rebel Rising (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- Star Wars: Uprising