- "I've gone inside the Dealer's Den half a dozen times to confront him, and he's beaten me within a centimeter of my life each time... He needs to be talked down or knocked out if I'm going to arrest him. I'm no match but you might have a shot."
- ―Officer Anstiss, discussing with an individual her attempts to arrest Gambo
Anstiss was a female Zabrak police officer with the Coruscant Security Force living on Coruscant during the Cold War between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic. She believed that she had an enemy at CSF Headquarters as she had been assigned a daunting task to arrest a brutal Houk criminal named Gambo by herself. Gambo resisted arrest and injured Anstiss in the process. Eventually, Anstiss was assisted by an individual affiliated with the Republic.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "I don't know what you said but I almost died of shock when Gambo turned himself in. But I'm not taking any chances, there's a whole squad escorting him back to headquarters."
- ―Anstiss, discussing with an individual about Gambo's arrest
A Zabrak female, Anstiss lived on Coruscant during the Cold War between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic. There, she served as a police officer with the Coruscant Security Force under the Republic government. Around 3643 BBY, Anstiss was assigned the task of arresting a Houk criminal named Gambo. However, Anstiss believed that she had an enemy at CSF Headquarters as Gambo was known to be a brutal Black Sun enforcer and murderer, and Anstiss was to arrest him by herself. She made several attempts to arrest Gambo inside the Dealer's Den cantina in the Old Galactic Market sector but was unable to subdue Gambo. On her final attempt Gambo beat her severely, nearly killing her. With that, Anstiss retreated to outside the cantina and called for backup.
It was at that time that a Republic individual offered assistance to Anstiss, who was wounded outside of the Dealer's Den cantina. Entering the cantina, the individual confronted Gambo and was able to convince him to surrender. The individual then turned Gambo over to Anstiss, whose backup had finally arrived, and had the squad of CSF officers escort the criminal back to CSF Headquarters.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
- "I won't leave my post. I may not be able to take him but I can keep tabs on him."
Anstiss was a Zabrak female with dark skin and brown eyes. Despite her courage and pleasant attitude, Anstiss believed she had made some enemies at CSF Headquarters. She was also a courageous person, as she went ahead to try to arrest Gambo knowing that he would probably be too much for her. Yet her somewhat stubborn will did not let her give up, and she was determined to not let him out of her sight while she waited for backup.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Anstiss appears in the "Cantina Contusions" mission in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) by BioWare released on December 20, 2011. The mission can be completed by a Republic character who meets Anstiss outside of the club where Gambo is located. The character can then go inside and confront Gambo. Depending on the character class, several options give the character the choice to either convince Gambo to turn himself in, to arrest Gambo, or to kill him. By killing Gambo, the player receives dark side points, though the mission itself is only available to light side characters. After completing the task, the character returns to Anstiss.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Mission: "Cantina Contusions" on Coruscant
- Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Old Republic: Annihilation, "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider 137, and , it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for all classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.