Antarian was a language spoken by the Gotal species, which hailed from the moon Antar 4. In 0 BBY, the Gotal Cobb Sonbepol spoke Antarian while conversing with the Ithorian Momaw Nadon and the Stennes Shifter Trinto Duaba in Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina in Mos Eisley spaceport on the planet Tatooine.
Behind the scenesEdit
Antarian first appeared in the 1977 original trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. It was first identified as Antarian in the video "Every Language in Star Wars" which released in 2019 as part of the Star Wars By the Numbers series on the Star Wars Kids YouTube channel. The name was first used in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where it first appeared in the 1998 reference book The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons, which was written by Daniel Wallace.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- (First identified as Antarian)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 screenshot) (
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which includes Cobb Sonbepol's use of Antarian, to 0 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons