Anti-glare goggles, also known as polarized goggles, were a make of tinted goggles that were specialized so that they could protect against the damaging rays of a strong sun. They were used by members of the Alliance to Restore the Republic while they were stationed in Echo Base on the planet Hoth. They were also worn by AT-ST drivers of the Galactic Empire. Imperials visiting or based on the planet Sirpar were also provided with polarized goggles. Zare Leonis, however, found that even with the goggles, shadows still seemed strangely shaped. Later, sweat slipped behind his polarized goggles and into his eyes.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy
- "An Echo of Victory"—Empire Ascendant 1
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny—Leia
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First identified as polarized goggles, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Battle of Hoth"
- "Tales of Villainy: Invasion of Echo Base"—Star Wars Adventures 1
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Shadow Fall (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded (First identified as anti-glare goggles)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 14 (Databank A-Z: Dengar–Domino Squad; Helmets: AT-ST Pilot)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 16 (Databank A-Z: E-11 Blaster–Cornelius Evazan) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 20 (Helmets: Rebel Trooper) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 32 (Helmets: Hoth Rebel Soldier; Weapons & Uniforms: Echo Base; Highlights of the Saga: Attack of the Wampa)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 54 (Databank A-Z: Tauntaun–TIE Craft) (Picture only)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Process"
- (Picture only)