- "Sonny, energizing an anticoncussion field is not like hot-wiring somebody's skyhopper and going for a joy-ride!"
- ―Klaus "Doc" Vandangante
To create the field, numerous anticoncussion projectors honeycombed the interior of the ship, vehicle, or building it was designed to protect. When activated, the field dramatically improved the integrity of floors, walls, ceilings and other internal surfaces. The projector's umbrella-shaped magnetic fields created a single cohesive anticoncussion field that absorbed and dispersed kinetic energy and was powerful enough to render blasts, collisions, and other impacts inert.
- Han Solo at Stars' End (First appearance)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia