Antiox breath masks were used by Kel Dor to survive in space and oxygen atmospheres. The breath mask provided the mixture of unique gases found on Dorin's atmosphere (Dorin gas and helium), while reducing the oxygen level to one which was tolerable by Kel Dor physiology. It also protected the wearer's eyes from the harmful effects of oxygen to Kel Dor. The masks may also have been used to hide identity.
Most breath masks shared a similar shape, but appeared to exhibit variations from individual to individual. The most commonly seen color was black. Sha Koon wore a different mask during the Clone Wars than the one she wore during the Stark Hyperspace War. Over a century after the fall of the Galactic Republic, metal breath masks were worn by Sha Dun and Pol Temm.
As Dorin joined the Galactic Republic in 5975 BBY and received direct representation within the Galactic Senate, it is likely these masks had been invented by that time. Around the Great Galactic War, two Kel Dor Jedi, Zym and Gnost-Dural wore antiox breath masks. Noticeably, Zym's mask was more rounded and ovular in shape, whereas Gnost-Dural's resembled more modern designs seen during the Republic's final days.
- "The Secret of Tet-Ami"—Star Wars Tales 13
- "Jedi Chef"—Star Wars Tales 7
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
- Kowakian Monkey-Lizard
- Star Wars: Republic Commando: Order 66
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 102 (JED12, Jedi Field Equipment)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook