- "The Corellian maneuvered so the sun was in your eyes… and he and the Wookiee have you in a crossfire!"
- ―Mystra, to a trio of individuals on Antipose
A star constituted a part of the Antipose system in the Outer Rim Territories' Centrality sector. It was orbited by the inhabited planets Antipose and Antipose XII as well as the astronomical object Antipose IX. During a confrontation while visiting Antipose in 0 ABY, the smuggler Han Solo positioned himself so that the planet's sun would be shining into his opponents' eyes, although the engagement was ultimately interrupted before any fighting could take place.
A star was located in the Antipose system, a part of the Centrality sector in the Slice portion of the Outer Rim Territories. The hyperlane known as the Falko Run linked it to the Falko and Paulking systems. The star was orbited by the terrestrial planets Antipose and Antipose XII—which had violet skies and occupied the twelfth orbital position in the system—as well as the celestial body Antipose IX. The Antipose system's orbital bodies included a yellow-colored astronomical object and a celestial body that appeared large and dark blue from the surface of Antipose. The sun itself appeared yellow when viewed from the surface of Antipose, looming large in the planet's sky.
Antipose XII was already inhabited by sentients by 3 BBY, while Antipose had come to be inhabited at some point by 0 ABY. In the latter year, the smugglers Han Solo and Chewbacca traveled to Antipose in search of one of the rare power gem artifacts. Shortly after stepping out of their light freighter, the Millennium Falcon, the pair was confronted by a trio of individuals who, being interested in acquiring the power gem themselves, attempted to intimidate any new potential rivals into leaving the planet. Subtly preparing for a lightfight, Solo and Chewbacca positioned themselves so that they would have the three contestants in a crossfire, with Solo maneuvering so that Antipose's sun would be in his opponent's eyes.
At that moment, Mystra, an employee of the former pirate Raskar and enforcer of the local rules, arrived at the site on a floater. She interrupted the confrontation, noting Solo's tactics, and subsequently ordered that the trio harassing Solo and Chewbacca leave the planet. Ordering the two smugglers onto the floater, Mystra then took them to Antipose's city. Later, while Chewbacca was engaged in an impromptu brawl with the planet's leading gladiator as part of Solo's plan to acquire the power gem for themselves, Antipose's sun, which shone directly overhead, was occulted by the star system's blue-colored astronomical object.
Behind the scenes
The star of the Antipose system was introduced in "The Power Gem," a comic story written by Archie Goodwin, penciled by Al Williamson, and published between July 26 and October 3, 1982 as part of the daily Star Wars comic strip distributed by the Los Angeles Times Syndicate to major American and Canadian newspapers from 1979 to 1984. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Antipose system, and therefore its sun, in grid square U-8.
- "The Power Gem" (First appearance)
Notes and references
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Antipose system
- "The Power Gem"—Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Newspaper Strips Vol. 2
- A Campaign Guide to the Centrality"—Star Wars Gamer 5 "
- "The Power Gem" is set after the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and before the Evacuation of Yavin 4, therefore taking place in 0 ABY per The New Essential Chronology.
- Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon
- The Essential Reader's Companion dates the events of The Lando Calrissian Adventures novel trilogy, of which Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon is the second installment, to between 3 BBY and 2 BBY.
- "The Empire Strips Back" – Star Wars Insider Special Edition 2012