Apailana was a human female monarch who served as the Queen of Naboo during the final days of the Clone Wars and the early days of the Galactic Empire. She was one of the youngest rulers to be elected by the Naboo, succeeding Neeyutnee at the age of twelve.
Shortly after the Clone Wars, the young queen attended the funeral of Senator Padmé Amidala, who had supported Apailana's election as the new monarch. However, she did not believe the official story of Amidala's demise, which claimed that rogue Jedi had assassinated the senator.
Personality and traitsEdit
Apailana measured 1.57 meters and had brown eyes and light skin. During Amidala's funeral, she wore a headdress in tribute to Amidala, and put on makeup and like other queens, a scar of remembrance.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "It feels kind of strange knowing that I rule the whole planet of Naboo and I'm only thirteen. At first, my face—because it was really white—was a bit of a shock. But when the whole costume was put together and the headdress was put on, I really felt proud, like a Queen."
- ―Keisha Castle-Hughes
Apailana was portrayed by the Oscar-nominated New Zealander actress Keisha Castle-Hughes. Castle-Hughes spent seven hours in make-up for her role in Episode III and filmed her scene in only one day.
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Queen's Shadow (Indirect mention only)
- Queen's Shadow audiobook (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Queen Apailana (★★★★) (link))
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: New Edition
- (Picture only)
- (First identified as Apailana)