Apailana was a human female monarch who served as the Queen of Naboo during the final days of the Clone Wars and the early days of the Galactic Empire. She was one of the youngest rulers to be elected by the Naboo, succeeding Neeyutnee at the age of twelve.
Shortly after the Clone Wars, the young queen attended the funeral of Senator Padmé Amidala, who had supported Apailana's election as the new monarch. However, she did not believe the official story of Amidala's demise, which claimed that rogue Jedi had assassinated the senator.
Personality and traitsEdit
Apailana measured 1.57 meters and had brown eyes and light skin. During Amidala's funeral, she wore a headdress in tribute to Amidala, as well as makeup and, as with her predecessors and per Naboo tradition, a scar of remembrance.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "It feels kind of strange knowing that I rule the whole planet of Naboo and I'm only thirteen. At first, my face—because it was really white—was a bit of a shock. But when the whole costume was put together and the headdress was put on, I really felt proud, like a Queen."
- ―Keisha Castle-Hughes
Apailana was portrayed by the Oscar-nominated New Zealander actress Keisha Castle-Hughes in the 2005 film Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, the third and final installment of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. Castle-Hughes spent seven hours in make-up for her role in Episode III and filmed her scene in only one day.
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Queen's Shadow (Indirect mention only)
- Queen's Shadow audiobook (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Queen Apailana (★★★★) (link))
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition
- (Picture only)
- (First identified as Apailana)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ According to Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded, Apailana became Queen of Naboo at age 12, towards the end of the Clone Wars. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the Clone Wars was a four year conflict spanning from 22 BBY to 19 BBY, Apailana became Queen of Naboo in 20 or 19 BBY. Therefore, her birth 12 years prior was between 32 and 31 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Battlefront: Twilight Company
- ↑ Leia, Princess of Alderaan