Apailana was a human female monarch who served as the Queen of Naboo during the final days of the Clone Wars and the early days of the Galactic Empire. She was one of the youngest rulers to be elected by the Naboo, succeeding Neeyutnee at the age of twelve.
Shortly after the Clone Wars, the young queen attended the funeral of Senator Padmé Amidala, who had supported Apailana's election as the new monarch. However, she did not believe the official story of Amidala's demise, which claimed that rogue Jedi had assassinated the senator.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Apailana was portrayed by the Oscar-nominated New Zealander actress Keisha Castle-Hughes. Castle-Hughes spent seven hours in make-up for her role in Episode III and filmed her scene in only one day.
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- (Picture only)
- (First identified as Apailana)