The word Ape (or monkey) described various semi-sentient species of creatures related to primates, humanoid in shape. The facial traits of the Sanyassans were often described as being "ape-like" or "simian". The Ferijia system was home to a race of apes.
Behind the scenesEdit
In real life, the words "ape" and "monkey" cannot be used interchangeably; the former describes a class of large and tailless semi-sentient humanoid primates, while the latter refers to smaller creatures having a tail and cheek pouches, among other differences. In Star Wars literature, however, the two names have been used alternatively—the Sanyassans have been described as both "monkeylike" and "ape-like".
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Indirect mention only)
- The Pandora Effect (Mentioned only)
- "Easy Credits"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded (Indirect mention only)
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Ape on Wikipedia