- "That's Appenza Peak. It's the most famous mountain on Alderaan."
"And treacherous. That mountain is the one that took my lungs and heart."
- ―Breha Organa and Padmé Amidala
Appenza Peak was the most famous snowcapped mountain on the planet Alderaan, visible from the capital Aldera. Although it was not Alderaan's highest mountain, its silhouette featured on the flag of the capital region. Many Alderaanian fairy tales began with a spirit flying away from its home on the mountain to choose an adventurer, and religious pilgrims claimed it was possible to commune with the Force at its summit. The climb to the mountain's summit was considered relatively easy, and hundreds made the trek every year. It was traditional for the heir to the Alderaanian throne to climb the mountain solo for their Challenge of the Body.
Queen Breha Organa, during her Challenge of the Body, was severely injured in a fall while descending the mountain. Only the quick actions of the royal guards supervising from a distance prevented her death.
- Queen's Peril (Mentioned only)
- Queen's Shadow
- Queen's Shadow audiobook
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan (First appearance)
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan audiobook
- Leia Organa: Ordeal of the Princess (First pictured)