- "For my Challenge of the Mind, I will no longer merely assist my father in the Imperial Senate but will also represent our world in the Apprentice Legislature."
- ―Leia Organa
The Apprentice Legislature, also known as the Apprentice Legislators, was an organization for politically-minded youth founded under the Galactic Republic. Padmé Amidala, future queen of Naboo, joined at the tender age of eight. After the rise of the Galactic Empire, due to the declining power of the Imperial Senate, many planets stopped sending representatives to the Legislature. By 3 BBY, only forty worlds still bothered to do so. On her Day of Demand, Princess Leia Organa stated that she would represent the planet Alderaan in the Apprentice Legislature as part of her Challenge of the Mind.
- Queen's Shadow (Mentioned only)
- Queen's Shadow audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan (First appearance) (First identified as Apprentice Legislature)
- Leia Organa: Ordeal of the Princess (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – The Official Collector's Edition
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy