Biology and appearance[edit | edit source]
Their fangs carried a strong but non-lethal poison. Several varieties of Arachne had the distinction of having ten legs.
History[edit | edit source]
During the Galactic Civil War, the GeneTech Syndicate carried out an illegal bioengineering program on Talus, dubbed Parasophic Arachne project, in order to create an intelligent and powerful form of arachne. Although the experiment was success, the bioengineered creatures overwhelmed their creators and slaughtered most of the GeneTech Syndicate Lab staff. The situation was finally discovered by the Corellian Security Force and the arachnes were eradicated by a group of spacers working for Agent Taarna.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
In the MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies, most of the gigantic Arachne spiders are defined as being an Angler. Yet the name is often misleading, because creatures such as the bone gnashers are defined as an Angler, despite being on Tatooine, where fishing for prey is virtually impossible.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Arachne's Web)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Galactic Hunters (Card: Adaptive Biology)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Price of Victory (Card: Arachne Widow)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide, p. 85
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "Genocide" on Talus