- "His type specializes in destruction, kid! Anything worthwhile is out of his line!"
- ―Han Solo
Dr. Arakkus was a male Human scientist and director of an Imperial weapons development complex. When it was destroyed by the Alliance to Restore the Republic, they caused a radiation experiment to backfire on him, confining him to a protective suit that only slowed his eventual demise. As part of his final experiment, Arakkus used an abandoned Imperial transport to accelerate the collapse of a dwarf star through negatron impact charge bombardment, making it so dense its gravitational pull was impossible to overcome, and lured others to their doom, eventually creating a Graveyard of Lost Ships. He was killed when Han Solo detonated Arakkus' cargo of negatron charges to free the Millennium Falcon from the dwarf star's grip.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
A male Human, Arakkus had gray hair and light skin, which was covered in green splotches after being contaminated by radiation. In addition, his eyes' pupils became black while his sclerae turned orange.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- "This protective suit slows its effects…but for all proposes, I am doomed."
To slow the effects of his contamination, Arrakus wore a gold and red protective suit, attached to which was a device that would automatically detonate his Imperial transport's cargo of negatron impact charges should anything happen to him. He was also protected by a pair of guard-globe seeker droids.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Arakkus was originally created for the Star Wars Legends newspaper comic strip Deadly Reunion, written by Archie Goodwin and penciled by Al Williamson, which ran from November 2, 1981 to January 3, 1982.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Deadly Reunion (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- "ComicScan: Star Wars...On A Daily Basis"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 2
- "ComicScan: Coming Full Circle"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 3
- Star Wars: The Comics Companion
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Third Edition, Revised and Expanded
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia