Aratech, also known as Aratech Systems was a manufacturer that started out before 4000 BBY, and manufactured, among other things, sniper rifles and G0-T0 infrastructure planning system droids, including the most infamous unit, known simply as G0-T0 or "Goto". The company was often at odds with the larger Czerka Corporation, who they saw as conservative and immoral. When several of their G0-T0s rebelled against the Galactic Republic in 3946 BBY, Aratech's deteriorating reputation amongst much of the galactic population nearly bankrupted itself. The company's second attempt at networked droids was the BRT supercomputer. Another failure, Aratech abandoned droid manufacturing and focused on repulsorlift technology.
As Aratech Repulsor Company, it pledged its support to the Republic during the Clone Wars. Their most noted product was the 74-Z speeder bike, which remained in service throughout the Clone Wars and the reign of Palpatine's Galactic Empire.
During the Rise of the Empire era, Aratech Corporation sent support staff to various Imperial outposts and garrisons.
Aratech was formed prior to 4000 BBY as a weapons and droid manufacturers and during the Galactic War, it announced a revolution in terms of speeder technology and design. At the same time, the company offered a reward to any slicer who could hack the prototype of their security system.
Notes and references
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Slicing Crew Skill mission: "The Aratech Bounty"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Slicing Crew Skill mission: "Tomorrow's Tech Today"
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Aratech Corporation) (backup link)