The Ardent-class frigate was about one-fourth the length of the Pellaeon-class Star Destroyers. They were designed for rapid responses and sacrificed both shielding and armor to increase their speed and weaponry.
The class had a raised bridge section and three ion drives. They carried Nune-class Imperial shuttles. In overall appearance, the arrowhead-shaped vessels were reminiscent of the century-old Acclamator-class.
The frigate's weapons emplacements were reminiscent of past designs, with turbolaser batteries flanking the raised section on each side.
The fast frigates were used as quick-strike vehicles. A common Imperial tactic was to send several Ardent-class frigates into enemy picket lines to exploit weaknesses and open gaps for other warships. They depended on their impressive shields to allow them to survive. Despite them, they still suffered more damage than most ships in the fleet due to their aggressive tactics.
The Ardent-class frigate Steadfast, part of the Coruscant Third Fleet loyal to Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire, was present at the Battle of Ralltiir during the Second Imperial Civil War. Commanded by Captain Vaclen Tor, the frigate would be the only Sith survivor of the battle. However, the ship was taken by the Galactic Alliance Remnant and then given to the Empire-in-exile as a gift to Emperor Roan Fel.
The First Coruscant Task Force, under the command of Admiral Krion Grail, was composed by five Ardent-class frigates. The Marauder was its flagship. The Galactic Alliance Remnant also employed some captured Ardents during the war. These vessels were painted with the Alliance symbol on their dorsal hulls.
- Legacy 9: Trust Issues, Part 1 (First appearance)
- Legacy 10: Trust Issues, Part 2 (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: Legacy: Indomitable
- Legacy 36: Renegade
- Legacy 42: Divided Loyalties
- Legacy 47: The Fate of Dac
- Legacy—War 4
- Legacy 11: Ghosts, Part 1 (Schematics page)
- Star Wars: Legacy 0½
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "Imperial fast frigate")
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide (First identified as Ardent-class fast frigate)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- ↑ Legacy 11: Ghosts, Part 1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Legacy 9: Trust Issues, Part 1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Legacy 42: Divided Loyalties
- ↑ Star Wars: Legacy 0½
- ↑ Star Wars: Legacy: Indomitable
- ↑ Legacy 36: Renegade