Ark Roose, known by the nickname "Bumpy", was a male Nuknog podracer from Sump who participated in the Boonta Eve Classic race on the planet Tatooine in 32 BBY. He piloted a massive Vokof-Strood Plug-8G 927 Cluster Array Podracer. He ended up in a Mos Espa medcenter after colliding with Dud Bolt during the Boonta Eve Classic Podrace.
Behind the scenesEdit
Ark Roose first appeared in the 1999 novel Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace written by Terry Brooks, based on the 1999 film of the same name. While a detailed sculpture was created, Roose appeared as a low res digital model for medium and and distance shots. The basic model was later re-used in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones for the character Slyther Bushforb and several other background Nuknogs. A more detailed version of Ark Roose's digital model was created for closeups included on The Phantom Menace DVD. Much of Roose's history and background was revealed in the 2000 web-comic Podracing Tales, published by Dark Horse Comics. Roose also appeared in the 1999 video game Star Wars: Episode I Racer as a playable character, though in-game he was much shorter than his film appearance. This short-stature version of Roose appeared again in the 2012 Xbox 360 video game Kinect Star Wars. In The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, Ark "Bumpy" Roose's name is misspelled as Ark "Bumpy" Rose.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First identified as Ark Roose)
- Star Wars: Force Collection
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 17 (Weapons & Uniforms: Sebulba and Rival Pilots)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: Alien Archive