The facility was an example of early Imperial era architecture, built of black synthstone. It was a tall, single building surrounded by an exercise yard, which was in turn surrounded by a fifteen-meter wall. In each corner stood a tower with nests for snipers, as well as powerful spotlights.
- "Bureaucratic inertia has kept it from being renamed. Or repainted. Or torn down."
- ―Jaina Solo
The prison was named after Armand Isard, the first Director of Imperial Intelligence. According to Jaina Solo, the prison was named by Ysanne Isard, who succeeded her father as head of Imperial Intelligence. This was not done out of regret, but rather out of a malevolent sense of humor.
When the New Republic captured Coruscant in 6.5 ABY, the facility kept its original name, despite its connection to the old regime. It would later survive a number of successive invasions, and the terraforming of the planet by the Yuuzhan Vong.
- Fate of the Jedi: Outcast (First appearance, simultaneous with Fate of the Jedi: Outcast audiobook)
- Fate of the Jedi: Outcast audiobook
- Fate of the Jedi: Omen (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Omen audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction audiobook
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse (Indirect mention only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse audiobook (Indirect mention only)