The Arquitens-class light cruiser, also known as the Jedi light cruiser or Republic light cruiser and later the Imperial light cruiser, was a line of light cruisers designed by Kuat Drive Yards. A later variant was the Arquitens-class command cruiser.
- "Get back to the bridge. We need to detach before Grievous jumps ship."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to the clone naval officers aboard his Arquitens-class light cruiser during the Battle of Saleucami
Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi commanded one of these ships during the Battle of Saleucami, during which it was used to attract General Grievous as a distraction for the boarding party. The ship was destroyed during the battle, along with two clone pilots who were trying to pull away from the Separatist cruiser that had docked onto it.
Several Arquitens-class light cruisers formed part of the fleet that protected Kamino when it was attacked by Grievous and Asajj Ventress. Arquitens-class ships were also part of the fleet that later engaged Ventress's fleet in the Sullust system.
Following a distress call from the Togruta colonists of the planet Kiros, Jedi Master Yoda deployed a group containing Arquitens-class light cruisers and a Venator-class Star Destroyer to investigate. An Arquitens-class fought in the Battle of Ringo Vinda late in the war.
Age of the EmpireEdit
The Chiss Captain Thrawn and Ensign Eli Vanto served aboard the Imperial light cruiser Thunder Wasp under the command of Commander Alfren Cheno. The Thunder Wasp played a role in knocking out a transmission station during the pacification of Umbara. During the Batonn sector insurgency, Admiral Thrawn commanded three Imperial light cruisers Shyrack, Flensor, and Tumnor during the assault on Nightswan's forces on Scrim Island. These light cruisers were disabled by a hidden ion cannon emplacement but Thrawn ordered his fleet to bombard the waters around the ion cannons, creating a tsunami that flooded the base and knocked out its defenses. Later, Thrawn used the cruisers as bait to entice Nightswan's ships to attack his command ship Chimaera. Nightswan's ships bypassed the cruisers, which deployed repair barges containing TIE fighters that neutralized Nightswan's fleet.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
Darth Vader and Inspector Thanoth used this class of ship while carrying out Grand General Tagge's orders in the Anthan system. The same class of ship had been carrying a fortune in credits prior to its theft, which was what brought the two out to the system in the first place.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Arquitens-class light cruiser first appeared in the The Clone Wars episode Grievous Intrigue. Although the ships seen in Star Wars: Commander are virtually identical to other Arquitens-class light cruisers, the bridge design is more reminiscent of a command cruiser.
- (First identified as Jedi light cruiser)
- (First identified as Republic light cruiser)
- (First identified as Imperial light cruiser)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
- (First identified as Arquitens-class light cruiser)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Dawn of Rebellion
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 60 (Starship Fact File: Arquitens-class Light Cruiser)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Thrawn
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Darth Vader 7: Shadows and Secrets, Part I
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown"
- ↑ Darth Vader 9: Shadows and Secrets, Part III
- ↑ Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back