- "Arr-Nine-Nineteen. Onetime Jedi hunter who never retired."
- ―Gwi, recounting Arr-Nine-Nineteen's false history to Beilert Valance
Arr-Nine-Nineteen was a droid who claimed to be a Jedi hunter, but was a Hutt Clan spy in reality. During the Imperial Era, he was one of several individuals hired by the Hidden Hand crime syndicate's leader, Gwi, as part of a team tasked with hunting down the Sith Lord Darth Vader. When the cyborg bounty hunter Beilert Valance was introduced to the team, he destroyed Arr-Nine-Nineteen, and the droid's true purpose was revealed to the rest of the team.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "Is…is there a problem?"
"Yeah. My third rule. No droids."
- ―Gwi and Valance, right before Arr-Nine-Nineteen is destroyed
At some point prior to the Battle of Hoth in 3 ABY, Arr-Nine-Nineteen was built with a spying device inside his body and tasked by the Hutt Clan to conduct espionage on the Hidden Hand criminal syndicate. He eventually forged the reputation of a Jedi hunter and was hired by the Hidden Hand's leader, Gwi, to join a team of bounty hunters created to hunt down and kill the Sith Lord Darth Vader.
When recruiting the cyborg Beilert Valance, Gwi described the droid as a "Jedi hunter who never retired." Upon seeing Valance, Arr-Nine-Nineteen was burned by the cyborg's palm blaster. Gwi claimed that the team needed the droid, but Valance revealed that the droid was a mole for the Hutts, stating that Arr-Nine-Nineteen's career as a Jedi killer was falsified before removing the spying device from inside his body and crushing it. Valance and his team then began their mission despite Arr-Nine-Nineteen's destruction.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- "He was no Jedi killer. What he was, though…was up to his bolts in debt to the Hutts."
- ―Valance, revealing Arr-Nine-Nineteen's true purpose
Arr-Nine-Nineteen wore a red cape and several equipment pouches around his torso. He was able to utilize multiple blasters simultaneously. Within his body, he carried a device that was used to spy on the Hidden Hand.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Arr-Nine-Nineteen appeared in the first issue of the 2019 comic-book series Star Wars: Target Vader, written by Robbie Thompson, illustrated by Marc Laming and Cris Bolson, and published by Marvel Comics on July 3, 2019.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Target Vader 1 (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Target Vader is set before Empire Ascendant 1, which in turn takes place before the Battle of Hoth. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the battle to 3 ABY, the events of Target Vader, including Arr-Nine-Nineteen's appearance and destruction in Target Vader 1, must take place sometime prior.
- Target Vader 1