- "Arthon, Hosra…hmm. Interesting. I'm no expert, but yes, these look like places Lor San Tekka might have gone."
- ―Leia Organa, to Poe Dameron
Arthon was a terrestrial astronomical object that was inhabited by the sentient Ottegan species. It was one of several locations visited by the explorer Lor San Tekka, whose travels were recorded by the crime lord Grakkus the Hutt and later relayed to the Resistance.
- "This is what's next. We're still looking for Lor San Tekka. The problem is that he could be anywhere."
- ―Poe Dameron, to the Resistance's Black Squadron
The galactic explorer Lor San Tekka visited the Ottegans on Arthon at some point by 34 ABY but later disappeared into hiding. Information provided to the Resistance pilot Poe Dameron by the Hutt crime lord Grakkus later the same year included a record of San Tekka's visits to both Arthon and the planet Hosra. Dameron passed on the information to the Resistance's General Leia Organa, who believed it to be true. Dameron later wrote about the discovery of San Tekka's visit to Arthon in his flight log.
Behind the scenesEdit
Reintroduction into Star Wars canonEdit
Arthon first appeared in the 2016 video game LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, a non-canonical adaptation of the sequel trilogy film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, developed by Traveller's Tales. It was later mentioned in the 2016 canon comic Poe Dameron 6: Lockdown, Part III, written by Charles Soule.
In the Star Wars Legends continuity, Arthon was a planet originally mentioned in "Scouting an Adventure Path," a 2002 web supplement for Wizards of the Coast's Star Wars Roleplaying Game, written by Owen K.C. Stephens.
LEGO Star Wars: The Force AwakensEdit
- "Stable orbit directly above the Ottegan enclave confirmed. Fighters and transports dispatched and en route."
"Good. The map will be in our possession soon."
- ―First Order General Armitage Hux and Kylo Ren
In LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Arthon is featured in the level "Ottegan Assault," separate to the main levels that adapt the events of The Force Awakens. It is depicted as a terrestrial planet with a cloudy atmosphere, covered in landmasses and oceans. The planet is home to an elevated Ottegan enclave, located on the pinnacle of a large plant structure and inhabited by members of the Sacred Order of Ramulus.
In the game, the Ottegans on Arthon assist the Resistance by mapping the location of the lost Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and giving the map to Lor San Tekka. The First Order, seeking to retrieve the map for itself, attacks the enclave while Resistance forces led by Admiral Gial Ackbar attempt to evacuate the Ottegans. In search of Lor San Tekka, the First Order warrior Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma pursue and shoot down a Resistance transport holding the leader of the enclave. Leading an assault on the ground to locate and interrogate the leader, Ren fights through Resistance troopers and local Ottegans. He successfully captures and interrogates the leader, discovering that Lor San Tekka is on the planet Jakku. As the forces of the First Order depart, the remnants of the enclave break apart behind them.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious dates the plot to assassinate Padmé Amidala and the mission to Megalox Beta to the years 7955 and 8011 in the C.R.C., respectively. Given that Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the former event in 22 BBY, the mission to Megalox Beta, which includes Poe Dameron's retrieval of the information on Lor San Tekka from Grakkus the Hutt, must have taken place in 34 ABY. As Poe Dameron 6: Lockdown, Part III establishes that Lor San Tekka visited Arthon prior to the mission to Megalox Beta, the visit must have occurred at some point by that year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Poe Dameron 6: Lockdown, Part III
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising
- ↑ Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens