- "Arthon, Hosra…hmm. Interesting. I'm no expert, but yes, these look like places Lor San Tekka might have gone."
- ―Leia Organa, to Poe Dameron
The galactic explorer Lor San Tekka visited the Ottegans on Arthon at some point by 32 ABY but later disappeared into hiding. Sometime later, information provided to the Resistance pilot Poe Dameron by the Hutt crime lord Grakkus included a record of San Tekka's visits to both Arthon and the planet Hosra. Dameron passed on the information to the Resistance's General Leia Organa, who believed it to be true. Dameron later wrote about the discovery of San Tekka's visit to Arthon in his flight log.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Reintroduction into Star Wars canon[edit | edit source]
Arthon first appeared in the video game LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, a non-canonical adaptation of the sequel trilogy film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, developed by Traveller's Tales and released in June 2016. It was later mentioned in the comic Poe Dameron 6, written by Charles Soule and published by Marvel Comics on September 7, 2016.
In the Star Wars Legends continuity, Arthon was a planet originally mentioned in "Scouting an Adventure Path," a 2002 web supplement for Wizards of the Coast's Star Wars Roleplaying Game, written by Owen K.C. Stephens.
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens[edit | edit source]
- "Stable orbit directly above the Ottegan enclave confirmed. Fighters and transports dispatched and en route."
"Good. The map will be in our possession soon."
- ―First Order General Armitage Hux and Kylo Ren
In LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Arthon is featured in the level "Ottegan Assault," separate to the main levels that adapt the events of The Force Awakens. It is depicted as a terrestrial planet with a cloudy atmosphere, covered in landmasses and oceans. The planet is home to an elevated Ottegan enclave, located on the pinnacle of a large plant structure and inhabited by members of the Sacred Order of Ramulus.
In the game, the Ottegans on Arthon assist the Resistance by mapping the location of the lost Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and giving the map to Lor San Tekka. The First Order, seeking to retrieve the map for itself, attacks the enclave while Resistance forces led by Admiral Gial Ackbar attempt to evacuate the Ottegans. In search of San Tekka, the First Order warrior Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma pursue and shoot down a Resistance transport holding the leader of the enclave. Leading a ground assault to locate and interrogate the leader, Ren fights through Resistance troopers and local Ottegans. He successfully captures and interrogates the leader, discovering that San Tekka is on the planet Jakku. As the forces of the First Order depart, the remnants of the enclave break apart behind them.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Poe Dameron 6 states that Lor San Tekka visited Arthon after meeting with Grakkus the Hutt on Megalox Beta, which Poe Dameron 4 establishes to have taken place prior to Poe Dameron and Black Squadron's mission to Ovanis from Poe Dameron 1. Since Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that Dameron began leading missions with Black Squadron two years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY, Tekka's visit to Arthon must have taken place by 32 ABY.
- Poe Dameron 6
- Star Wars: Uprising
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens