Artom was a planet located in the Reidi Artom I system, a part of the Nuon e Safyd sector in the Slice portion of the Expansion Region. Artom was the first discovery of Reidi Artom, a Galactic Republic scout who was dispatched to the Expansion Region to survey any star systems missed by previous explorers.
Artom, who had a penchant for naming systems she discovered after her own name or variations thereof instead of adhering to the galactic standard of naming a system after its star or central planet, discovered the planet Artom at some point by 232 BBY. Although the discovery of the Reidi Artom I system did not prove especially profitable to Artom, the planet she found there still bore her name more than 200 years later—as opposed to most of her other discoveries, which eventually reverted to local or ancient names.
Behind the scenes
Artom was mentioned in the Living Force Campaign Guide, a 2001 Wizards of the Coast sourcebook authored by Robert Wiese and Andy Collins for use with the Star Wars Roleplaying Game. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Artom system, and therefore the planet Artom, in grid square J-15; however, in the StarWars.com Online Companion to that book the placement was changed to grid square P-12—closer to square P-14 of the Cularin system, another system explored by Reidi Artom.
- Living Force Campaign Guide (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Reidi Artom I system — Based on corresponding data for
- Reidi Artom I system, and therefore the planet Artom, in grid square P-12, which The Essential Atlas designates as part of the Slice. places the
- Living Force Campaign Guide
- The Living Force Campaign Guide dates Reidi Artom's rediscovery and naming of the Reidi Artom VI system to 200 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, which corresponds to 232 BBY, per The New Essential Chronology. Since the Living Force Campaign Guide also establishes that the Reidi Artom I system was discovered before Reidi Artom VI, the former's discovery must have taken place at some point by that date.
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Reidi Artom I system