A Togruta female from the planet Shili, Ashla was identified as Force-sensitive and given over to the Jedi Order for training in the ways of the Force. Assigned to the Mighty Bear Clan, an Initiate Clan whose members were known for their bravery, Initiate Ashla received her earliest instruction from her clan leader, Grand Master Yoda.
During one of the clan's daily lightsaber instructional courses on the Temple's veranda, Master Obi-Wan Kenobi approached Grand Master Yoda with a question. It appeared the Temple's Archives were incomplete and missing a system. One of Ashla's peers, J. K. Burtola, suggested that someone had erased the files, therefore explaining the Archives' seeming incompleteness.
Behind the scenesEdit
One common misconception is that Ashla is one and the same individual as Ahsoka Tano. This widespread mistake came into existence because the two are of the same species and Ashla's name is not well known. Leland Chee has stated they are not the same character, and could not be as not only do their ages not match up.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones comic
- LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars Insider 65
- "Alienation"—Star Wars Insider 70
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 74 (SHA4, Shaak Ti)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 138 (BEA2, Bear Clan)
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia volume 1 page 44 column 3
- "Secrets of the Force"—Star Wars Insider 123 (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Ashla)