Ashley Eckstein (born Maria Ashley Drane on September 22, 1981) is the voice actress who portrayed Ahsoka Tano in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film and television series from 2008 to 2013. She reprised the role in Star Wars Rebels beginning in 2015, and also narrated the audiobook edition of the novel Ahsoka, which focuses on the character.
Although born in Louisville, Kentucky, she was raised in Orlando, Florida by her parents Tony Drane and Sharon Drane along with her three siblings (Michael, Tara and Taylor). She started acting at age twelve, appearing as Helen Keller in The Miracle Worker.
Work in Star WarsEdit
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Breznican, Anthony (April 13, 2017). Star Wars highlights female heroes in Forces of Destiny — first look. Entertainment Weekly. ew.com. Retrieved on April 13, 2017.
- ↑ Barrick, Mike (February 17, 2008). Rumor Alert: Who's Ashoka's [sic] Voice?. TheForce.net.
- ↑ Linder, Brian (June 25, 2008). Preview: Star Wars: The Clone Wars. IGN.
- Ashley Eckstein.com - Official Website
- Ashley Eckstein on Wikipedia
- Fritz, Steve (April 10, 2009). Newsrama.com: Clone Wars Weekly - Ahsoka, Ashley ... Ashley, Ahsoka. newsarama.
- Eckstein, Ashley (March 6, 2012). Jedi trappings complete the fan. CNN.
- Whitten, Sarah (May 3, 2017). How Ashley Eckstein went from 'Star Wars' actress to geek fashion mogul. CNBC. Retrieved on May 4, 2017.
- Gennis, Sadie (March 29, 2019). How Cyberbullies Motivated Ashley Eckstein to Make the Star Wars Fandom More Inclusive. tvguide.com.