- "Two attempts have been made on my life. Evidence suggests a conspiracy within the Imperial Officer Corps."
- ―Darth Vader, to members of the Imperial Officer Corps
During the early stages of the Galactic Empire's reign, the Imperial officer colonel Barokki and another officer within the Imperial Officer Corps instigated two assassination attempts on the newly-christened Sith Lord Darth Vader. The first attempt occurred on Cabarria in the Colonies region, where Vader, along with the Ninth Sister of the Inquisitorius, investigated reports of an individual using the Force to escape from a bar fight. The report was a trap set up by the officers who placed a bounty on Vader and hired a family of bounty hunters led by Bhada Cha to kill Vader. The attempt failed and Vader learned that the bounty had been placed by someone in the Republic Executive Building on Coruscant.
After realizing the officers did not know his place in the hierarchy, Vader had Galactic Emperor Palpatine hold a meeting of the Imperial Officer Corps to properly address his role in the Imperial Military. After Palpatine clarified that any order from Vader was to be taken as one from himself, Vader had five officers, which he claimed had been chosen randomly, step forward. While Vader was not certain who had ordered his death, he made the gathered officers know he would always survive and Force choked the five Imperials. After this, Vader left the crowd, having used this as a demonstration to state that none of them could survive his power. One of the officers he killed was Barokki.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 10
- ↑ Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 13
- ↑ Kanan 3
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 4.13 4.14 4.15 4.16 Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 12
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 5.13 5.14 5.15 Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 11
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 8