During the Clone Wars, the Galactic Republic and Jedi Order carried out an assault on Vizsla Keep 09 in an effort to capture Maul and Count Dooku. The assault followed a battle on Ord Mantell, where Maul captured Count Dooku and General Grievous after setting a trap for the two Separatist leaders. A team of Jedi, led by Jedi Masters Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi, tracked Maul to the supply outpost, where the former Sith apprentice convinced Dooku to join him and fight Darth Sidious.
Once the assault began, the Jedi team, along with a group of clone troopers of the Grand Army of the Republic, fought their way through an asteroid field and numerous Gauntlet fighters towards the base, which they boarded. The Jedi engaged Maul and Dooku in a lightsaber duel, in which Jedi General Tiplee was killed. After Death Watch forces incapacitated the Jedi, Maul and Dooku were able to escape. The alliance between Dooku and Maul led the Jedi to suspect that Dooku was the Sith Master they had been searching for.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 3 (First appearance)
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 4 (Indirect mention only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 68 (Starship Fact File: Gauntlet Starfighter)
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 3
- The Mandalorian civil war begins in "The Lawless" and does not end until "The Phantom Apprentice."
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Bacara (★★★★))
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 4
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the mission to Utapau and the Second Battle of Dathomir to 19 BBY. As the novel this event takes place within takes place between the events of the episode and comic the other events are attached to according to , this event must take place in 19 BBY.