- "Imperial spokespeople deny any wrongdoing in the assault on the Esseles—"
- ―Communications feed overheard by Theron Shan
The assault on the Esseles, also known as the Esseles incident, was an operation under the command of Grand Moff Rycus Kilran carried out by the Sith Empire during the Cold War with the objective of arresting Republic Ambassador Vyn Asara on charges of terrorism and sedition against the Sith Empire. Grand Moff Kilran threatened to kill the entire crew of the Esseles if they resisted his forces. Four individuals aboard the Esseles stood against the invaders, eventually repelling them and boarding the Moff's ship, disengaging the tractor beam that held the Esseles and allowed it to escape. Following the assault, Imperial spokesmen denied any wrongdoing.
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Consular Mission: "The Forge" on Tython
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Weapon of the Jedi" on Tython
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Smuggler Mission: "Chasing Skavak" on Ord Mantell
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Trooper Mission: "Mannett Point" on Ord Mantell
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Stolen Secrets" on Coruscant
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Smuggler Mission: "The Gambler" on Coruscant
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Consular Mission: "The Arrival" on Coruscant
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Flashpoint: "Esseles"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of the Prologue and Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. places