- "Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately three thousand, seven hundred and twenty to one!"
"Never tell me the odds."
- ―C-3PO and Han Solo
An asteroid field was composed of asteroid clusters of varying sizes that was found throughout the galaxy. Because of their unpredictability, asteroid fields were almost impossible to navigate through safely, and most pilots did not dare flying through them. Certain living creatures, such as the exogorth of cantina legends and the dangerous fyrnock were known to inhabit asteroid fields such as Fort Anaxes. The exogorth lived within asteroid caves, and subsided on minerals, mynocks, and passing starships.
In the lead-up to the outbreak of the Clone Wars, Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi employed a tactic of hiding his small Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor behind an asteroid within an asteroid field to evade detection and pursuit of the bounty hunter Jango Fett, who was piloting Slave I with the witness of his son, Boba Fett. The latter later anticipated a similar maneuver by the smuggler pilot Han Solo, who hid his craft from the Galactic Empire's Death Squadron by attaching it to the back of an Imperial Star Destroyer. When the Star Destroyer ejected its waste just before entering hyperspace per standard procedure, Solo had his freighter fly amongst the resulting debris field, escaping undetected save from the experienced bounty hunter, Boba Fett.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 2 (Databank A-Z: Alzoc III–Antilles)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Highlights of the Saga: Ground Assault on Hoth)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 22 (Highlights of the Saga: The Battle of Geonosis)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 32 (Highlights of the Saga: Attack of the Wampa)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 38 (Databank A-Z: Baze Malbus–Darth Maul)
- Star Wars: Droidography
- Star Wars Day-at-a-Time Calendar 2020
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Hotshots and Aces Reinforcements Pack (Card: ) (Picture only)