- "Okay, that I would like to see, but if you do, Braylon will make sure we spend the rest of the Celebration holed up on the Ataraxia."
- ―Sifo-Dyas, to Dooku
The Ataraxia was a starcruiser in the service of the Jedi Order. First commissioned sometime before 232 BBY, the Ataraxia served under the command of Jedi Master Jora Malli at the Battle of Kur and was in service to the Jedi until at least the year 90 BBY. In that year, the Ataraxia was used to transport a number of Jedi to the Outer Rim planet Serenno, in order for Jedi initiates to attend a celebration of the planets and cultures of the galactic region. When one initiate, Dooku, was insulted by fellow initiate Arath Tarrex, he suggested fighting back, but his friend Sifo-Dyas told him that they would be punished as a result, and forced to remain on the Ataraxia for the duration of the event.
Behind the scenes
The Ataraxia was first mentioned in the 2019 audiobook Dooku: Jedi Lost, written by Cavan Scott. Dooku: Jedi Lost was originally released as an audio-only story, and the spelling of the starship's name was unconfirmed until it was provided by the script release of the audiobook. The Ataraxia later appeared in the 2021 novel The High Republic: Light of the Jedi, written by Charles Soule.
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi (First appearance, simultaneous with The High Republic: Light of the Jedi audiobook)
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi audiobook
- "Starlight: Go Together: Part Two"—Star Wars Insider 200 (Appears in hologram)
- The High Republic 2 (First pictured)
- The High Republic 3
- The High Republic: Tempest Runner (In flashback(s))
- The High Republic 9
- The High Republic 10
- The High Republic 11
- Dooku: Jedi Lost (First mentioned) (In flashback(s))
- Dooku: Jedi Lost script (Mentioned only) (In flashback(s))
Notes and references
- The High Republic 9
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi
- The Star Wars Book dates the launch of the Starlight Beacon to 232 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 232 BBY in the dating system used by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. As The High Republic: Light of the Jedi depicts this event, its events, including the appearances of the Ataraxia, must occur in that year.
- The High Republic: Tempest Runner
- Dooku: Jedi Lost
- The High Republic 2
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know gives the age of Dooku at the time of the First Battle of Geonosis as eighty years old. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Geonosis to 22 BBY, placing Dooku's birth year in 102 BBY. The script of Dooku: Jedi Lost states that Dooku is twelve years old during the celebration on Serenno, meaning that the celebration must have occurred in 90 BBY.
- Dooku: Jedi Lost script