- "These negotiations with the Arthurian delegates are critical, and there are a lot of people who don't want them to happen."
- ―Padmé Amidala, to Ahsoka Tano when referring to three possible threats, including Atenna Olypo
Atenna Olypo was a Rutian Twi'lek female who negotiated smuggling routes near the neutral world of Arthuria during the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. However, in 21 BBY, the Arthurians considered an alliance with the Republic, jeopardizing Olypo's business ventures. As such, Republic Senator Padmé Amidala feared that the Twi'lek might try to disturb her scheduled meeting with Arthurian delegates, and as a precaution, Amidala asked Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano to protect her and her guests during the meeting. To prepare Tano for the task, Amidala showed her a datapad displaying a picture of Olypo and alerted the Jedi of the potential threat.
Behind the scenes
Atenna Olypo was depicted in the one-shot comic-book Star Wars: Forces of Destiny—Ahsoka & Padmé, published by IDW Publishing on January 24, 2018. The comic was written by Beth Revis and illustrated by Valentina Pinto.
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny—Ahsoka & Padmé (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny—Ahsoka & Padmé
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny—Ahsoka & Padmé is set between the events of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes "ARC Troopers," which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 21 BBY, and "Heroes on Both Sides," which The Star Wars Book places twenty-one years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope—corresponding to 21 BBY per Galactic Atlas. Therefore, the events of Forces of Destiny—Ahsoka & Padmé must also take place during that same year.