Athallia was an astronomical object located in the Athallia system. It was a part of the Athallia sector, within the Trailing Sectors portion of the Expansion Region. Kalarcha served as Athallia's capital. Athallia shared its name with the courier starship Athallian Messenger.
The Human male Fin Mak'lath hailed from Athallia, and served as a police officer in Kalarcha. When Mak'lath's wife was killed in food riots at some point by 3 ABY, the widowed policeman moved to the Outer Rim Territories planet Bespin, where he eventually became a member of the Bespin Wing Guard security force.
Behind the scenes
Athallia was first mentioned in the "Rogues Gallery" department within the one-hundred-forty-eighth issue of the Star Wars Insider magazine, which was released on March 11, 2014. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Athallia system, and therefore the celestial body Athallia, within grid square M-15.
Notes and references
- Athallia system — Based on corresponding data for
- Athallia system, and therefore the celestial body Athallia, in the Athallia sector. places that sector in the Expansion Region, between the hyperlanes The Essential Atlas identifies as the Corellian Run and the Rimma Trade Route. The Essential Atlas also places that part of the Expansion Region in the Trailing Sectors region. places the
- "Rogues Gallery: The Cloud City Wing Guards" – Star Wars Insider 148
- "Wanderer of Worlds" – Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 9
- "Rogues Gallery: The Cloud City Wing Guards" – Star Wars Insider 148 states Fin Mak'lath moved to Bespin and became a member of the Bespin Wing Guard after his wife was killed on Athallia. "Rogues Gallery" also depicts Mak'lath serving in the ranks of the Wing Guard during the events of Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 3 ABY. Therefore, Mak'lath's wife must have perished at some point by 3 ABY.
- The Essential Atlas