An urbanized Core World, Ator dispatched several colonial expeditions to the Outer Rim in 4200 BBY, although many failed after communication was lost. A number of colonies that survived in the rimward section of the Corellian Run formed the Arkanis Regency, which later became host to the more recent colony of New Ator in 80 BBY.
Ator was the birthplace of Owen Lars. Ator was where Cliegg Lars went after leaving Tatooine, and the original homeworld of both himself and his future wife, Aika. The planet was known for its puzzles.
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary (First mentioned)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 72 (LAR9-10, Cliegg Lars)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Essential Atlas