- "When I got shot down over Atrivis, it helped me evade the Storm Commandos until I could steal another ship."
Atrivis was a planet in the Generis system located in the Outer Rim sector of the same name. Homack, a starfighter pilot for the Alliance to Restore the Republic, was shot down over the planet and pursued by Imperial Storm commandos.
During the Galactic Civil War, the Alliance to Restore the Republic and the Galactic Empire fought a battle over Atrivis. One of the Rebel pilots, Homack, was shot down in his X-wing starfighter during the battle and crashed on the planet's surface. He was pursued by Storm commandos, elite stormtrooper units specially trained in commando tactics, but was able to successfully evade them with the help of a set of Creshaldyne Industries Scout Armor. Stored in his starfighter's survival gear kit, the suit was capable of mimicking surrounding terrain by generating a small holographic distortion, thus enabling Homack to avoid capture long enough to steal a ship and escape the planet.
Behind the scenesEdit
Atrivis was mentioned in Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear (1997), in an in-universe message board post by Homack. "Atrivis" had only applied to a system and sector in Star Wars canon; however, the context here makes a clear reference to a planet. Later, the novel The Cestus Deception refers to the planet Atrivis 7, reinforcing this understanding.
An earlier West End Games sourcebook, the The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook (1990), mentions an Alliance battle in the Atrivis sector; given the significant cross-referencing that occurs within West End Games products, it is likely Homack's crash occurred as a consequence of this battle.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The placement of the planet here is based on the sharing of the name with the Atrivis system. The article Reidi Artom's Expansion Manifesto establishes that system appellations are based on the name of the central star or planet.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas The Appendix places Generis at these coordinates.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear, 50
- ↑ Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook, 102