- "General Grievous, you have defeated me and taken control of my ship. Congratulations. However, if you're watching this message, that means I'm boarding an escape pod and will soon be safely away from the ship—which is about to self-destruct."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, in a holographic transmission left for General Grievous
During the Clone Wars, Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi's fleet was attacked by General Grievous' forces. It resulted in Kenobi activating the self-destruct on his flagship Negotiator after Grievous boarded it, and delayed the rescue of Padawan Ahsoka Tano and several Jedi younglings after the Ohnaka Gang raided the Crucible.
In 20 BBY during the Clone Wars, Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi and his fleet were on patrol when Kenobi's flagship, the Negotiator, picked up a distress signal from the Jedi starship Crucible. The Crucible, returning from a journey to Ilum so its youngling passengers could undergo the ritual of the Gathering, had been attacked by the pirates of the Ohnaka Gang, looking to steal the younglings' recently-claimed kyber crystals. Padawan Ahsoka Tano, chaperoning the six younglings, had fought off the pirates, but had been sucked onto the Acushnet in the process and been taken prisoner, which the younglings only realized after the Crucible had escaped via a hyperspace jump. After hearing the young Jedi's plight, Kenobi ordered them not to attempt a rescue mission, and told them he would be sending Clone Commander Cody to pick them up from the damaged Crucible, after which he would deal with Hondo Ohnaka and rescue Tano himself.
However, immediately after signing off with the Crucible, a Separatist fleet dropped out of hyperspace in front of Kenobi's forces, forcing his fleet into a battle. The fleet was commanded by Kenobi's old enemy General Grievous.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond" (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Test of Strength"
- ↑ Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Bacara (★★★★) (link))
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 3.20 3.21 3.22 3.23 3.24 3.25 3.26 3.27 3.28 3.29 3.30 3.31 3.32 3.33 3.34 3.35 3.36 3.37 3.38 3.39 3.40 3.41 3.42 3.43 3.44 3.45 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Helmet Collection 33 (Highlights of the Saga: The Unlikely Heroes) dates the events of Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons" to 20 BBY. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas also dates the events of Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Tipping Points" to 20 BBY. As the episode this event is tied to occurs between those two episodes according to , this event must also take place in 20 BBY.