- "In accordance with Article 27a of the Imperial Code of Military Conduct, command of this vessel has been lawfully transferred. New orders are being downloaded to your consoles. Priority one: intercept the Brentaal Star."
- ―An Imperial protocol droid
During the Cold War, agents of the reconstituted Sith Empire launched an attack on the Galactic Republic's damaged Thranta-class corvette, the Brentaal Star, with the intention of intercepting and taking prisoner or killing one of the passengers on board the vessel, a Republic general known only as The General. The attack was ordered by Grand Moff Rycus Kilran, and was intended to be carried out by the crew of the Imperial transport Black Talon. The Talon's captain, Revinal Orzik, defied the Grand Moff's command and in response, Orzik was executed by a team of Sith agents dispatched by Kilran himself, eventually getting the crew to participate in the attack.
Upon engaging the Brentaal Star, the Black Talon was beset by laser cannon fire and Republic boarding parties. The Sith agents joined the ship's garrisoned Sith troopers and worked to repel the boarders. After repelling them, the agents took an Imperial assault shuttle and boarded the Brentaal Star searching for their objective, The General. Eventually they reached him, executed him and then returned back to the Imperial ship to withdraw before the Republic's reinforcements could arrive.
Prelude[edit | edit source]
In 3643 BBY, the Cold War, a proxy war between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic had stood for a decade. At one point a genius General had deserted the Sith Empire for the Republic and so Grand Moff Rycus Kilran assigned the ship Black Talon, to intercept the republic ship carrying the General and capture him. However the captain of the imperial starship, Revinal Orzik, saw it as a suicide mission and disobeyed his commands.
Kilran dispatched his specialized protocol droid, NR-02 to the Black Talon. NR-02 recruited a team of Sith agents, composed of an Intelligence agent, Darth Baras' apprentice, Lord Zash's apprentice and a bounty hunter to restore control in the Black Talon and to proceed with Kilran's orders to capture The General.
The team complied. They fought through Imperial troops attempting to enforce the captain's lockdown order to reach the bridge. There they encountered Captain Orzik, executed him and gave the command of the ship to his second-in-command, Lieutenant Sylas. Sylas immediately complied with Kilran's commands, sending the ship towards the corvette Brentaal Star to attack.
Battle[edit | edit source]
When the Black Talon reached the Brentaal Star, the republic ship sent its pods full of war droids to sabotage the imperial ship while at the same time, attacking the imperials with laser cannon fire. The droids, led by the GXR-5 Sabotage Droid took control of the engine room. Kilran's team defeated the droids, destroying the GXR-5, and returned to the bridge. The Black Talon received a hologram transmission by the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, Satele Shan, who warned the Sith not to engage or otherwise she would arrive with her own fleet composed of 17 vessels to crush the imperials. The imperials ignored her and moved on, eventually boarding the republic ship in an Imperial assault shuttle.
Aboard the Brentaal Star Kilran's team engaged a series of republic troopers and proceeded through decks. They fought and defeated Special Forces Commander Ghulil and his escorts and the GXR-7 Command Droid during this engagement, ultimately reaching the General as he attempted to evacuate. The Jedi Padawan Yadira Ban tried to protect the General but was slain.
The team confronted the General, who was seriously wounded as a result of the fighting. The team chose to execute the General and extract his cybernetic implant to secure his knowledge. They then fled the Brentaal Star before Republic reinforcements could arrive.
While the strike team was aboard the Brentaal Star the Black Talon crew panicked, with several members believing they would be executed upon the team's return. Lieutenant Sylas attempted to restore order, but during the fighting the entire command crew was killed. Their remains were discovered by the strike team when they returned to the vessel.
Grand Moff Kilran congratulated the strike team on their success via hologram. When the debriefing was completed NR-02 piloted the Black Talon onward to Dromund Kaas.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
After the battle, the treaty between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic, though weak, stood still for one more year. In 3642 BBY, the direct war would eventually break out under the name of Galactic War.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Sith Inquisitor Mission: "A Map for the Future" on Korriban
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Sith Inquisitor Mission: "At the Foot of the Colossus" on Dromund Kaas
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Agent Mission: "Cleaning Up the Mess" on Dromund Kaas
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places