- "—under attack, repeat, under attack! Flesh Raiders are invading the Padawan training grounds! They have blasters! Send help!"
- ―A Jedi
During the early stages of the conflict between the Jedi Order and the native Flesh Raiders of the planet Tython, a Flesh Raider force under the command of the Dark Jedi Callef infiltrated the Tythonian Gnarls region through a cliff tunnel and attacked the Jedi outpost in the area during 3643 BBY. Unlike previous assaults, the natives came in greater numbers and were more organized, but under the leadership of Warden Derrin Weller the Jedi Knights and Masters stationed at the outpost were able to wipe out the Flesh Raider assault with minor casualties on their side. During the battle, a young Jedi who had been sent by Weller to seal off the attackers' tunnel was successful in defeating Callef, before the Jedi Master Orgus Din collapsed the tunnel with the Force. As a result of the attack, that same young apprentice was later sent to the nearby Twi'lek village of Kalikori in order to learn what the settlers knew of the natives' recent activities.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The attack on the Gnarls Outpost first appeared in the 2011 BioWare massively multiplayer online role-playing video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, as the first event of the Jedi Knight class in the mission "Attack of the Flesh Raiders."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Attack of the Flesh Raiders" on Tython
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "High-Tech Savages" on Tython
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places