- "I was organizing fresh recruits when Imperials stormed inside. They rounded us up, threw us in the cage."
- ―Vell Narroc
In the year 3643 BBY, during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire, forces of the Imperial Military seized the Power Guard recruitment center in the Nikto Sector of the moon Nar Shaddaa. The operation was carried out on the orders of the Sith Lord Sadic, who sought to capture the Republic's Power Guard supersoldier project as part of his master Darth Angral's campaign of vengeance against the Republic. After learning of the center's location by torturing the operative in charge of the project, Sadic's forces captured the facility and imprisoned the recruiter Vell Narroc and the volunteers. At Sadic's orders, the Imperials began taking the project's volunteers to the project lab for experimentation. The facility was later liberated by a young Jedi Knight, but most of the refugees had already been taken by that time.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The capture of the recruitment center was first mentioned in the Jedi Knight class mission "The Search for Agent Galen" in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massively multiplayer online role-playing video game released by BioWare in 2011.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "The Search for Agent Galen" on Nar Shaddaa
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Red Light, Black Heart" on Nar Shaddaa
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places