- "The Auric is being cut to pieces."
- ―Lina Graf
The Auric was a Rebel Alliance YT-1760 Small Transport active during the Galactic Civil War. Piloted by Commander Lina Graf, the Auric had a five member crew that included the technician Skritt, Lieutenant Thom Hudd, the former bodyguard droid XM-G3 and Graf's long-time companion, the droid CR-8R. The ship was forced to crash-land on Mustafar after taking damage during a mission, where it sank into lava and was destroyed.
- "Shields are down and the power core's about to blow. We need somewhere to land, and fast."
- ―Lina Graf
While on a mission to the Outer Rim, the Auric's crew found themselves pursued by a group of three TIE fighters. Serving as the ship's gunner, XM-G3 successfully destroyed the enemy fighters, but not before they took out the Auric's shields and power core, along with the port thruster. With these critical systems out, Lina Graf was forced to make an emergency landing on the Imperial-controlled volcanic planet of Mustafar. The Auric landed in one of Mustafar's lava fields and quickly overheated, forcing the crew to evacuate, despite warnings from CR-8R. After the ship had been evacuated, it sank into the lava and was destroyed, leaving the crew stranded on Mustafar.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Auric first appeared in the 2018 comic Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 1. Notably, the ship shares its name with Auric Graf, the father of its captain Lina Graf. The Auric marks the first canon appearance of the YT-1760 small transport, a ship that was previously exclusive to Star Wars Legends continuity.
- Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 1 (First appearance)
- Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 5 (Variant cover only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 The YT-1760 Small Transport was manufactured by Corellian Engineering Corporation and was a transport of the YT-series line as established by YT-1300 Corellian Freighter Owner's Workshop Manual, which also establishes that it was 26.5 meters in length, could reach speeds of 990 kph, had sublight engines, a class 1 and class 15 hyperdrive, one laser cannon, a cargo capacity of 10 metric tons, consumables for two standard months, and a navigation computer.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 1
- ↑ Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 2
- ↑ Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape
- ↑ Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual