- "Credits? Pre-Empire would be mostly worthless now…Aurodium? Wupiupi coins?"
- ―Reveth, listing possible loot
Aurodium was a type of golden metal rarer than gold, which also existed in the form of a blue crystal. It found use in the modification of equipment as well as luxury items such as trophies and earrings. It was rumored that alchemical forges on the planet Ossus were used to turn lead into aurodium.
Han Solo was in possession of aurodium-plated dice during his time as a scrumrat on Corellia. Dryden Vos, leader of Crimson Dawn, wore an aurodium ring. During the cold war, the pilot Kazuda Xiono won a trophy made of aurodium from a race. After the Battle of Starkiller Base, General Leia Organa wore a pair of golden aurodium earrings.
Currency on Cantonica was made from aurodium and the standard on the planet rather than New Republic credits, which were considered volatile. Anyone looking to spend money in the planet's casinos had to first exchange their funds for the resort's standard.
Behind the scenesEdit
Aurodium first appeared in the Star Wars Legends novel Rogue Planet, released on May 2, 2000. It was introduced to Star Wars canon in the video game Star Wars: Uprising. Aurodium features in the video game Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes as the most expensive datapack type.
- Nexus of Power
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Uprising
- ↑ Nexus of Power
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- ↑ Star Wars Resistance – "The Triple Dark"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- ↑ Rogue Planet