A Providence-class Dreadnought served in the Confederacy of Independent Systems's naval forces and served as the flagship of a Separatist fleet commanded by the ST-series super tactical droid Aut-O. In 19 BBY, during the Clone Wars against the Galactic Republic, the dreadnought was infiltrated by D-Squad because on the starship's C-Deck it possessed an encryption module that was needed by the Galactic Republic to decipher coded transmissions. The mission was successful and D-Squad left the ship with the module.
Description[edit | edit source]
As a Providence-class Dreadnought, the vessel had a main hangar bay and a command bridge. The dreadnought was also equipped with a tractor beam projector, and had a passenger complement of B1-series battle droids and B2-series super battle droids.
History[edit | edit source]
During the Clone Wars in 19 BBY, the ST-series super tactical droid Aut-O was in command of a large fleet of Separatist warships in an area of space. The dreadnought which flagged the fleet became targeted by a squad of Galactic Republic droids led by the Zilkin Colonel Meebur Gascon, who were sent by the Republic to board the dreadnought and steal an encryption module located aboard it. The encryption module would allow the Republic to decipher an intercepted and encoded transmission of Separatist General Grievous and discover what the Confederacy was planning.
After arriving at the fleet's location aboard a stolen Maxillipede shuttle, the DUM-series pit droid WAC-47 set the squad's shuttle on a collision course with the dreadnought. However, the dreadnought, alerted by their arrival, instead pulled the shuttle into its main hangar bay with a tractor beam, where several B1 battle droids proceeded to search the vessel.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
This Providence-class Dreadnought first appeared, albeit unidentified, in "Secret Weapons," the tenth episode of the animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' fifth season, which originally aired on November 30, 2012.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Sunny Day in the Void" (In flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 19 (Databank A-Z: GA-97–Geonosis)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 33 (Highlights of the Saga: The Unlikely Heroes)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 79 (Databank A-Z: Zabrak–Zillo Beast) (Picture only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that the Onderonian Civil War began 22 years before the Rogue One mission, and that it ended 19 years before the mission. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Rogue One mission to 0 BBY. Therefore, the Onderonian Civil War began in 22 BBY and ended in 19 BBY. Because the end of the war was depicted in "Tipping Points," the events of the episode must be set in 19 BBY. establishes that the events of "A Sunny Day in the Void" take place after "Tipping Points" and before the events of "Eminence", which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, the events of "Secret Weapons" must take place in 19 BBY.