- "That's Felucia, dead ahead."
"But where's the medical station? I don't see anything on my scanners. Wait, there's something."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano, referring to the deployment station
The automated vulture droid deployment station, also referred to as the Automated Droid Deployment Station, was a type of space station used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars against the Galactic Republic to carry Vulture-class starfighter. It could launch a total of six droid starfighters when hostile vessels approached in its territory.
During the Clone Wars in 21 BBY, after the destruction of Felucia Medical Station HCTFF2 at the hands of Separatist forces, the Confederacy placed an automated vulture droid deployment station above the planet Felucia. The station was later encountered by Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and his Padawan Ahsoka Tano, to which it deployed all six fighters against their T-6 shuttle.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The automated vulture droid deployment station first appeared in "Bounty Hunters," the seventeenth episode of the animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' second season, which originally aired on April 2, 2010, and was first identified in the episodic guide for "Bounty Hunters". It was also alternatively identified as the Automated Droid Deployment Station in the 2018 reference book Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles, written by Landry Q. Walker.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as Automated vulture droid deployment station)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (First identified as Automated Droid Deployment Station)
- Collapse of the Republic
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters"
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places "Children of the Force" and "The Zillo Beast" in 21 BBY. As this episode takes place between these two episodes according to , this episode must also take place in 21 BBY.